This post is written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc.. All opinions are entirely my own.
Chicken, Bacon, Avocado Paninis
The holidays are all about family at our house, and I am always looking for creative yet satisfying ways to feed both my immediate and extended family. One of our favorite family recipes for the holiday season, Chicken, Bacon, Avocado paninis, can be made with chicken, or it could even be made with leftover turkey the weekend following Thanksgiving. This is one of my family’s favorite recipes, and it is so good we end up eating it year-round too! This is a quick and easy recipe, and it tastes even better when using the freshest ingredients.
Meijer has been my go-to grocery store for years. We literally shop there multiple times a week! I love Meijer because they carry all my favorite Tyson® products, as they are perfect for all cooking occasions and all season long. One of my favorite Tyson® products is, Wright® Brand Bacon. This bacon is hand-trimmed, hand-selected and naturally smoked with a delicious hickory flavor – perfect for paninis!
When it comes to cooking, I always want to use the best ingredients. When it comes to bacon, Wright® Bacon definitely does not disappoint! By hand-selecting, hand-trimming and smoking their bacon with the family’s favorite hickory smoke recipe they created a mouth-watering bacon that truly tastes amazing!
As I said before, fresh ingredients are the key to great-tasting paninis. I hand-slice fresh chicken (I like to use Meijer’s freshly made rotisserie chicken), tomatoes, avocados, and French bread. It is a team effort when we make these paninis, so my husband typically cooks the bacon.
Before assembling the paninis, I do butter the outside of each slice of bread. I do this so that the paninis stay moist and flavorful. I don’t add a lot of butter, but just enough to create a thin layer on the bread.
A good panini press makes cooking the paninis so much easier. I love my Breville Smart Grill and Griddle! Heat up the panini press to 400 degrees, and cook the paninis for about 5 minutes, or until the bread is moderately browned.
A panini wouldn’t be complete without cheese! I do like to use provolone cheese, although these would also taste great with Swiss cheese.
The holidays are always a hectic time at our house. These mouth-watering paninis made with Wright® Brand Bacon are a simple, quick and easy way to feed the family and keep everyone happy!
So don’t forget, during the busy holiday season there are many moments and many meals to share beyond the big dinner. I hope this panini recipe will be an inspiration for your next family get-together.
- 1 loaf of freshly baked French bread
- 1 fully-cooked Meijer rotisserie chicken
- 1 package of Wright® Brand Bacon
- 2 avocados
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 package pre-sliced provolone cheese
- 3 Tbsp butter
- Heat panini press to 400 degrees.
- Cook bacon until lightly crisp. While bacon is cooking, slice French bread into individual slices. Cut the rotisserie chicken breast into thin slices. Then slice the tomatoes and avocados.
- Before assembling, lightly butter one side of each slice of bread. Begin assembly by adding chicken, then tomatoes, avocado slices, and one slice of cheese to one slice of bread. Top with bacon and finish assembly by adding the top slice of bread (butter side up).
- Place paninis on panini press and close the lid. Cook for 5 minutes or until panini is moderately browned and cheese is melted.